“This package really does represent true value for money... This airplane is thoroughly recommended for anyone and everyone... I could get drunk on the wealth of detail in the Just Flight RAF Vulcan... A useful Pilot's notes handbook... Superb sound package within the main program... A well detailed cockpit”
The Avro Vulcan’s beautiful lines and distinctive shape make it an icon of cold-war aviation. The Vulcan first flew in 1952, entered RAF service in 1957 and the final Vulcan flight was back in 1993. Thankfully, the last of these milestones has changed - Vulcan XH558 is airborne again thanks to a Heritage Lottery Fund grant and the tireless work of its dedicated fans INCLUDING "Phoenix Simulation Software" who have donated over £15,000 from the sales of this Add On.
Vulcan 558 includes a faithful model from acclaimed developers PSS as it appeared on the Airshow Circuit prior to the massive rebuild,
The highly detailed Gmax models feature numerous animated parts, including:
- Landing gear (including gear compression, hanging undercarriage bogies and nose wheel steering)
- Bomb bay doors (fully detailed interior with additional fuel tank)
- Crew hatch (displays the crew access ladder when on the ground)
- Air brakes
- Beacon Lights
- Engine compressor fan blades
Visual model features
- 3D modelled reflective glass windows
- Reflection mapping
- Specular highlighting
- Individually switched lighting: navigation lights, beacons and instrument gauge lights
As well as an accurate 2D instrument panel, RAF Vulcan features a fully detailed Virtual Cockpit with:
- High-resolution gauges
- Animated control sticks
- Animated rudder pedal
- Animated throttle levers
- Reflective glass on gauge faces
The flight dynamics have been engineered and tested by Squadron Leader David Thomas, Vulcan display Pilot.
- Superb, and VERY realistic very noisy sound set!