BlackBox - AIRBUS X'treme "Prologue" Aims to give you a taste of things to come.
The Airbus is a fly-by-wire marvel that is rightfully acknowledged as one of the most successful aircraft in civil aviation history. With a flight deck unlike that of any other airliner, reproducing this aircraft accurately presents a unique challenge to any add on developer.
BlackBox however, have risen to that challenge and taken the Award winning PSS Airbus Professional to a whole new level. And will only get better later with the release of :-
We can now offer you the Prologue version 0.80.1 so you can see and feel what to expect from the Full AIRBUS X'TREME V1.00 release.
BlackBox Quality and attention to detail will be second to none, with every system modelled to the fullest possible levels. The smallest of items will be given our full attention and you wont find a switch, knob or button that doesn't do something.
In the Prologue Package you will still have a very useable Airbus simulation with Highly detailled MFD Screens and ECAMS. These are all switchable and have independant dimmer controls! Some systems and functionality may be limited initially but The MCDU Will allow you to program a FlightPlan from start to finish, including climbs, Sids, Stars, Speed and Altitude Constraints as well as holding patterns Airways and Alternate Airports. You'll see your performance figures with Vspeeds and Fuel predictions.
With our regular service updates The ECAM Screens will eventually show all your system status including Fuel, Electrical, Hydraulic, Pressure systems, Doors and Landing Gear as well as many warnings to help you get things in order.
The external model features The A318, A319, A320 and Now A321 with either CFM or IAE Engines. They have been recreated using advance 3dsMax techniques and each one contains in excess of 150 thousand Polygons, Hi definition 4096x4096 Texture and bump Mapping and a whole host of custom animations that include new Fanblade animation for smooth running New "no flicker" Wheel animations that rotate smoothly and behave correctly when you stand on the brakes.
There is also a niceley detalled cockpit and cabin visible through the reflective 3D modelled Windows. open the doors and you have more detal in the cargobays and galley areas, all illuminated at night.
The Virtual Cockpit is another 160K Polygons and almost every switch, knob, lever and dial is accurateley modelled and animated. Each panel has its own seperate integral lighting and both front and rear overheads are accurateley reproduced. There are dimmer controls for each MFD and you can swap them around via the correct pedestal switching. The Thrust levers have "built in" Detents operated by either Joystick, Numpad, F1-F4 Keys or Pageup/Dn you will easily find the one intuitive to you. Custom animations include the fold out tables, Arm rests and sunscreens on top of all the expected switches etc. The Side sticks operate correctly and lock properly when using the autopilot.
All the MCDU and FCU Programming can be done from either the 2D Panels or in the VC either directly or via the many Popup screens a click away.
The Airbus Flight model has been reproduced and tested by three independant Current Airbus Pilots and includes our Custom Fly By Wire system and Envelope protection Laws.
PILOT COMMENTS DURING TESTING
"Good to see high speed and low speed protections working correctly and A.FLOOR and TOGA LK working perfectly as they should!"
"For what you ve decided to include in the prologue version, I find the bird is faithfull to the real thing.
So ... Dont just take a "mere pilots" word !!
Experience for yourself the unique Airbus fly-by-wire concept and see whats in store later this year when we release AIRBUS X'TREME!
" These aircraft think one step ahead of the pilot - it's a flying experience like no other!"
- Advanced 3dsMax modelling
- CFM & IAE V2500 Engines ++ New A318 Pratt and Whitney Engines
- Exterior model contains in excess of 150 thousand polygons
- Over 200 Custom animations
- Custom “smooth running” Engine Fan animations + 3d Fan Blades
- Ram Air Turbine
- Pressurisation Vents
- Pop out Landing lights
- Full 3d cockpit visible through windows
- Highly detailed landing gear and gear bays
- Front and rear Pax doors, service + cargo doors
- 3d Windows with reflective + specular refractive glass
- Reverse thrust system
- 3d animated and sequenced Flaps/Slats/Speedbrakes
Virtual Cockpit Features
- Virtual Cockpit contains in excess of 160 thousand polygons
- Every feature of the 2D Panel is reflected in the VC
- Animated Pull out tables, Sunblinds, Jumpseat & Armrests ++
- All knobs dials and switches faithfully reproduced in animated 3d
- Captain, First Officer and Jumpseat positions available
- Rear overhead section with Breakers and reading Lights
- Separate flood and integral lighting + test switches for warnings
- Fully textured & Bump mapped parts include seat fabric and carpets
- 3d modelled Standby Gauges
- Reflective glass in all gauges and windows (reflects cockpit environment)
- Highly detailed Side sticks with "skinned" boot
- Highly detailed Thrust levers with “Automatic” detents via keyboard or stick
- Custom Fly By Wire System
- Custom Autopilot and Auto Thrust systems
- Switchable Multifunction CRT display screens, PFD, ND, ECAM1 & ECAM2
- Programmable MCDU and FCU with Managed CLB and DECENT + Constraints
- Uses Navigraph Navdata with Sids & Stars
- Flightplans can use constraints, step climb, holds and Alternate destinations
- Autopilot with Managed, VSI, FPA, Heading, Track and Nav modes
- Autothrust with easy to use Preset detents for Managed and Spd modes
- Full Cat I, II AND III Auto land features
- FBW Envelope protection, anti stall, pitch, roll and g-load limiting
- One click Popups on all MFD’s
- IFR and VFR Panels for CAPT & FO in both normal and widescreen
- Fully featured pedestal
- Overhead panel
- Separate Integral and flood lighting
- Accurate font used on MFD’s FCU, MCDU and ECAMS
- Sub pixel GDI rendering for ultra smooth operation and excellent frame rates
- Fully featured Engine FADEC with individual assignable throttle axis’
NOW INCLUDES AIRBUS A318 with CFM and PW Engines
A318 CJ ELITE
A318 CJ Corporate Jet
Global Jet Luxembourg
Air New Zealand
ALSO INCLUDES NEW v0.6 Hi Definition PAINTKITS !
Just a selection of our customers kind words, Many more on our facebook page @ https://www.facebook.com/#!/BlackBoxSimulation
I think the bird flies beautifully! The FBW is better, the responsiveness realistic, takeoff and landing is a joy! The external model is awesome! Texture and finish are like the real thing.
Excellent job on the new bus... its a real gem to fly..
Its awesome! and the sound effects also.
overall a solid product v0.6 which can only get better from here on.
BBS you are far above the Airbus competitors already I belive your Version 1.0 will be a new milestone for us Airbus lovers..
"I Just want to say I've thoroughly tested this bird and it flies like a dream. The FBW is amazingly accurate. Well Done!!"
"This is definitely the best available Airbus simulation for FSX"
"I am impressed with what the Dev Team at BBS have produced so far, we have all been waiting years for a quality Airbus!"
"BBS I know I think I've told you this before but my god you have built an absolute beauty !"
|Microsoft - Flight Simulator X
(FSX Acceleration or SP2 required)
Lockheed Martin - Prepar 3D v1 or v2
DoveTail Games - FSX (Steam Edition)
|HDD||2Gb Free Space|
|OS||Windows Vista, 7 or 8 (32 or 64bit)|
|RAM||2048 Mb (2 Gig)|
|VGA||512Mb 3D Hardware Accelerated|
Product Requires A Joystick