BlackBox - Scottish Aviation Bulldog V2
To Mark 15 years since the initial release of PSS BAe Scottish Aviation Beagle "Bulldog" we decided to pay tribute to our humble beginnings with a brand new release of this iconic training aircraft.
There aren’t many aircraft flying today designed and made in Britain.
Some, like the Spitfire and Vulcan have become national icons.
The Scottish Aviation Bulldog isn’t quite in that category, but it is certainly a treasured asset from our past.
You can go into almost any of hundreds of flying clubs dotted around the UK and find some ex-RAF and ex-University Air Squadron Bulldogs and the pilots who flew them.
Almost as many civilian pilots have also had a play with a "Bully" since the RAF sold them off in 2001.
There are over fifty Bulldogs listed in G-INFO, a number of which are club registered and available for training.
The aircraft continues even now, 46 years after the prototype first flew, to refine piloting skills.
Add in the Bulldog’s continuing value as an advanced trainer and it becomes a significant machine indeed.
The prototype Bulldog was constructed in 1969 by Beagle Aircraft, but when they ceased trading manufacture went to Scottish Aviation which was subsequently absorbed into British Aerospace. The RAF bought 130 Bulldogs in 1972 and Sweden bought several SK61 Versions
BlackBox hope you enjoy some low level flying "VFR" across the countryside in your very own Bulldog.
Quote from one of our beta testers & French owner of an ex RAF registered Bulldog
Your splendid SA Bulldog flies magnificently, I hope you allow me to use her on the Hangar Simulator. For our visitors who want to test their ability, she is perfect!"
- Bulldog TMk1 and Bulldog SK61 versions with corresponding panel layouts
- Accurate and Fully aerobatic flight model tested by Active Bulldog owners
- Extremely hi Fidelity exterior and interior models with 100% 3d Modelled Gauges
- Over 185 thousand polygons used for both External model and Virtual Cockpit
- Very accurate detailled parts including separate dome lights and instrument post lighting
- Chocks, remove before flight flags, detailed chain link Tie downs and a protective cover
- Skinned and animating Brake hoses etc.
- Skinned and animated Pilot, Configurable with headset or Helmet
- Dynamic reflection (P3D) and all surfaces bump mapped
- Custom sound set + switches knobs and some special sounds !
- 6 Real world Civil and Military paint scheme, Including Development model and Swedish SK61 (even one without any paint)
- Pre Flight Manager compatible, with Crew, Baggage and Fuel. Weight and balance sheets
- Paint Kit to follow soon for creating your own liveries
- Real World operating manual and checklists included
|Microsoft - Flight Simulator X
(FSX Acceleration or SP2 required)
Lockheed Martin - Prepar 3D v1, v2 or v3
DoveTail Games - FSX (Steam Edition)
|HDD||2Gb Free Space|
|OS||Windows Vista, 7 or 8 (32 or 64bit)|
|RAM||2048 Mb (2 Gig)|
|VGA||512Mb 3D Hardware Accelerated|
Product Requires A Joystick